SOkopi is a seed to cup coffee company based in East Java, Indonesia. We started SOkopi in 2017 because we wanted to help local coffee farmers and workers get their fair share of the value of the amazing coffee they produce.
Read more about the SOkopi partners who make the magic happen.
SOkopi does things differently to achieve superior results, for example:
- Ensuring quality end to end by growing, processing, roasting and marketing our amazing coffee with photo-based traceability.
- Farming coffee in the oldest plantation in the world; Ijen Raung was origially planted in 1670's
- Drying our beans on stainless steel drying racks to avoid contaminants
- Storing our green beans in military spec plastic bags, 100 times better than industry leading Grain-pro bags.
- Paying our partners well above market rates and providing healthy food on the job.
- Certifying our products to government (BPOM) hygiene and labour standards.
SOkopi operates with 4 core values: Quality, Community, Integrity and Transparency.
We farm, process, roast and market our coffee. That means we can ensure quality in every step of the end to end process from seed to cup.
We are fanatic about quality, for example, we use stainless steel drying racks, so there is no chance of nasty contaminants. We also use military spec plastic bags for storing green beans. These block moisture and oxygen 100 times better than industry leading bags like Grainpro. Our beans are fresher!
- SOkopi exists to serve the community it is in, so we support our community in many ways. For example we have upgraded physical infrastructure in public spaces and provide material support to poor people.
- By bringing coffee consumers closer to coffee producers we believe we can improve the lives of our partners and our customers.
Direct-trade means we sell roast coffee directly from Indonesia where it is farmed. This keeps more of the value in in the hands of our farmers and worker partners.
We minimise climate impact from packaging. Our product package doubles as our shipping package! Less materials and less shipping weight means less impact; it also means less cost for our customers.
We pay our partners significantly above market rates and we provide free meals and safe working conditions.
We operate transparently; bribes, and predatory business tactics are not part of SOkopi.
We have a photo-based traceability stories that gives customers super detailed information on how their coffee was made.
Please contact us if you have any questions, we'd love to hear from you.